Lots of ProductCart stores use PayPal in one form or the other. If you are one of them, read on.
- PayPal is in the process of moving to a new data center
- They recently issued a notice about some planned downtime
- In the notice it wasn’t terribly clear that the downtime does not affect PayPal Express Checkout, Website Payments Pro, and Website Payments Standard. It does affect Payflow Pro (and Payflow Link… but it’s very rarely used by ProductCart customers).
So, bottom line: if you use Payflow Pro, this downtime will affect you, and you should:
- Turn that payment option off on your store around the downtime window.
- Activate another payment option, such as PayPal Express Checkout – if not already active – so customers can still checkout 🙂
- Turn everything back on after the downtime window has passed, and test to make sure that customers can checkout.
If you don’t use Payflow Pro or Payflow Link, then this does not affect you.